Friday, March 4, 2011

The gravy did it....

So tonight when it was time to figure out dinner I was stumped. I had some left over noodles, some ham on the bone, and no imagination!!!! So I pulled out a trusty cookbook and set out to find something to feed my family.

Ham, Noodle, Casserole - no to cheesy
Ham, peas, noodles - No didn't have Alfredo sauce
Ham with red eye gravy - Hmmmm that just might work

So here is the recipe for something I have never tried but am willing to try it again....

Country Ham Steaks (I used sliced ham off the bone)
1/2 stick of butter
1/2c brown sugar
1c of STRONG coffee

Melt butter in pan and fry ham steaks
Put on plate and keep warm
In pan with ham drippings add brown sugar
Stir until sugar dissolves
Add coffee and simmer for 5 minutes
Add some pepper to taste and your done....

Wow pretty simple I thought... It is a thin gravy but not bad.... Still awake and typing

Hope you enjoy!! Tomorrow will be the recipe for green eggs and ham in honor Dr. Seuss's Birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment